Monday, December 12, 2011

Flying Mango

Staying over in Des Moines for 1 night on a cross-country trip. The Flying Mango looks awesome- how expensive is it- ie how much for the seafood entrees like smoked salmon?





Can call on this part, but how late do they serve food? I don%26#39;t think we%26#39;ll be reaching the area until 9:30pm on a Saturday night. If they aren%26#39;t open that late, anyplace non-chain with satifsying food that is?





Thanks!



Flying Mango


I think you%26#39;ll like the Flying Mango - it is awesome! I would estimate spending $12 - $18 per meal without drinks. I haven%26#39;t had smoked salmon there, but salmon entrees are typically $14 - $18 in Des Moines. I imagine that the Mango is open at least until 10 p.m. and possibly later on Saturdays, but your plan to call is a good one to ensure this as well as to verify the seafood prices. Also make sure to get directions. The Flying Mango isn%26#39;t really difficult to find, but it%26#39;s a bit off the beaten path - probably about 4 - 5 miles from the I-80/Merle Hay Rd. exit.





Here is another non-chain, great option that%26#39;s open until 11 p.m. on Saturdays: Waterfront Seafood Market in West Des Moines: http://www.waterfrontseafoodmarket.com/. Waterfront is about the only seafood restaurant I would recommend to you in this part of the Midwest.





Other easy-to-find, reasonably priced local options:





-- The Latin King on Hubbell Ave. off I-235 on the east side of Des Moines http://www.tursislatinking.com/index.html



- Greenbriar in Johnston, on Merle Hay Rd. north of I-80 http://www.greenbriartrostels.com/



- The Club Car in Clive (about 1 mile west of the University Ave. exit off I-80/I-235 in West Des Moines



- Mi Mexico just north of the University Ave. exit off I-80/I-35 in West Des Moines



- Dish in Clive, about 1/2 mile east of the University Ave. exit off i_80/I-35 http://www.dishtrostels.com/





Enjoy your stay!



Flying Mango


Awesome, thanks very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment