Monday, December 12, 2011

Iowa recommendations

I%26#39;m an Iowa Native myself but I%26#39;m always looking for new places to try and new things to do. What are some of your fav (local ones pref) restaurants in the Des Moines area?





What do you like to do for fun in Iowa? I enjoy the farmer%26#39;s market, civic center, and the trails here. I haven%26#39;t been the East Village yet but hope to explore that in the future.





Please share some of your fav spots.







Iowa recommendations


I%26#39;m relatively new to the Des Moines area and have had a great time exploring. We also enjoy the Farmers Market and the trails. If you like history, the Iowa Historical Society Museum downtown is interesting, and our visiting relatives love the Science Center. I like to visit the Botanical Center and to shop in Valley Junction every once in awhile. The East Village is worth a visit, but has been very quiet when I%26#39;ve been down there. I do particularly like the ';From Our Hands'; store.





I love the Fleur Cinema and appreciate the Varsity%26#39;s offerings, too. When I don%26#39;t know what else to do, I can usually catch a good movie there.





I think that the DM area has some very good restaurants. I just took a group of visiting business people to Rube%26#39;s Steakhouse in Waukee last week and they loved it. LaMie on 42nd St. in DM; Cosi Cucina, RedRossa, Lemon Grass, Dish and Vern%26#39;s in Clive are all good. In WDM, try Paradise Pizza Cafe or Firecreek. Noodle Zoo has a couple of locations and it%26#39;s another place that my out-of-town visitors have particularly liked. Outside of DM, try Patrick%26#39;s in Adel for a slice of small town Midwest in addition to some good, basic food.





Thanks for starting this thread, as I%26#39;ll be very interested to see what others suggest, too.



Iowa recommendations


I am from the Cedar Rapids area and visit Des Moines on a regular basis. I enjoy restaurants like Waterfront Seafood Grill in WDM, Iowa Machine Shed next to the Living History Farms, and Centro downtown.





I also enjoy the different festivals and special events such as the Iowa Arts Festival, Iowa State Fair, and different events that go on at Living History Farms.





Hopefully this helps matters out.

No comments:

Post a Comment