Monday, December 12, 2011

Hotels near Drake

Hello. I %26#39;m visiting Drake University with my daughter in mid March. According to the TripAdvisor review of the Holiday Inn Express near/on campus, I%26#39;d like to avoid it. Any suggestions on a hotel that is in a nice area/close to Drake etc? I%26#39;ve never visited Des Moines before.



Thanks.



Hotels near Drake


Aside from the Holiday Inn Express, there aren%26#39;t really any hotels near Drake, if you consider near as being able to walk. However, Des Moines isn%26#39;t that big of a city, and within 4-5 miles, you can stay at some nice hotels downtown. The Savery, the Hotel Fort Des Moines or the Suites on Locust are nice. Those are just south and east of the Drake area. If you hit the burb of West Des Moines, there are a ton of hotels, and it%26#39;s very accessible via I-235 to Drake, and within 10 min.





Good Luck on your college visit...Drake is a cool school.



Hotels near Drake


Hello





There is a Radisson Hotel by the Airport that is close to Drake. They offer complimentary shuttle service and I think they even offer discounted rates for visiting Drake parents

No comments:

Post a Comment