Monday, December 12, 2011

What Hotel is the best???

My husband and will be staying in Des Moines Easter Week end as my college age daughter will be playing in a spring volleyball tournament at Drake U. My 17 year old son will be with us also. We need a hotel that has a two bedroom suite with plenty of room for two adults and two grown children. I have made reservations at the Holiday Inn and suites on Merle Hay and the Quality Inn and suites on Merle Hay. Which is better? Holiday Inn has had bad reviews on TA. Or are there any other suggestions?



What Hotel is the best???


You could stay in W. Des Moines near the new Jordan Creek Mall. There is a Residence Inn on the premises. It wouldn%26#39;t take you more than 20-25 min to get to Drake from there.



What Hotel is the best???


Huskergal, I agree with SueA. Merle Hay Rd. is not very conveniently located for getting to Drake Univ. and the hotels along Merle Hay tend to be older and in a high traffic area.





It would probably be as fast and easier to stay either in the western suburbs (especially near the I-235/I-80/I-35 interchange in West Des Moines or Clive), Ankeny or Altoona. In addition to the Residence Inn that SueA mentioned, you may want to consider the Chase Suites, Springhill Suites or Fairfield Inn/Suites in WDM/Clive or the Embassy Suites in downtown Des Moines.





Good luck to your daughter and her team!

No comments:

Post a Comment