Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Day the Music Died-50 Winters Later

We%26#39;re going on our first trip to the Surf Ballroom next week. The commemoration of the last performance of Ritchie Valens, Big Bopper, and Buddy Holly before their fatal crash. My brother%26#39;s been going for many years to the music tribute, and now, at the 50 yr anniversary, we finally can go...I am so looking forward to it!!



Anyway, even though I was born a yr after the crash, getting to know the Winter Dance Party guys that do the tribute, has made me feel more of a connection to, and appreciation of the real deal (Bopper, Valens, Holly), so the visit to the crash site will be emotional I%26#39;m sure. Also, my brother is the one who designed and fabricated the steel monument embedded in the ground at the site. (proud sister here)! What a nice tribute for the fans to appreciate when they walk out to that field! And since it%26#39;s our first time there, it%26#39;ll be our first time seeing it as well.



I hope you all get to go to the Surf some day on this occasion, to enjoy the music...the way it was 50 yrs ago, and take a walk out to that site!



I%26#39;ll let you know how my Surf experience goes! Maybe I can post some pics!





The Day the Music Died-50 Winters Later


Please do post some photos and have a fun, safe trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment