Saturday, March 27, 2010

Skiing in Iowa!!??

I was looking for a kid friendly ski resort to take my 7 year old over Presidents Day weekend next Feb. I found Sundown near Dubuque. Am I nuts for considering a ski trip to IOWA?? I didn%26#39;t even know Iowa had a mountain!! We are novices at skiing but this place looks fun and inexpensive. Advice?





Skiing in Iowa!!??


I%26#39;ve never been skiing anywhere other than Sundown in Dubuque and other similar places in Madison and Wausau, Wisconsin. For a novice, this is a great place. There are several runs, and it is rather inexpensive. You won%26#39;t get the 2%26#39; powder and 2-mile long runs that you%26#39;ll find in the Rockies, but for a novice, you can have a lot of fun! The ';mountain'; is a large hill, typically bluffs, and you%26#39;ll ski into the valley. I%26#39;ve skied Sundown dozens of times and always had fun.



Skiing in Iowa!!??


Sundown is a good place for the kids, as well as Chesnut Mountain in Galena Illinois. They are only about a half hour drive apart, and are very similar in size. Galena is also a great place to shop and eat out.




In addition, please check out the specials at:





www.sevenoaksrec.com





Their phone number is (515) 432-9457





Enjoy!




I worked at Chestnut through my high school and college days. If you have any questions or concerns let me know. They have an excellent kids program.

No comments:

Post a Comment