Saturday, April 3, 2010

Anyone here familiar with Ames, IA?

Just booked a motel there and need to know if it is in a good, safe area. It is the University Inn on Duff Ave. Thanks!



Anyone here familiar with Ames, IA?


The hotel is located near the intersection of two of the major routes through Ames: Duff Ave. and Lincoln Way. I don%26#39;t know anything about the hotel itself, but that area is lined with restaurants, retail stores and businesses. It%26#39;s also close to downtown Ames.





It%26#39;s a busy area of town, so you%26#39;ll want to take normal safety precautions (e.g. lock doors, etc.) as you would anywhere. But I would not describe the area as unsafe.





Enjoy your trip!



Anyone here familiar with Ames, IA?


I was born and raised in Ames. Now I live about an hour away. The University Inn is a decent hotel. It has basic rooms, nothing special. I would compare it to a Super 8 style hotel. It is right in the center of town.




Having lived in Ames for six years, there isn%26#39;t any part of town that I would call unsafe. I%26#39;ve had family stay in this hotel when visiting, and they seemed reasonably pleased. As was mentioned, it%26#39;s a pretty basic, no-frills hotel, but it seemed nice and clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment