Thursday, April 8, 2010

Family Fun - Iowa HELP

I am traveling from Kansas City to Chicago through Iowa and I am looking for something fun to do with two kids (5,7) can someone please reccomend something like an indoor water park. Thanks



Family Fun - Iowa HELP


I%26#39;m a long time Ames resident. Sorry, no indoor water parks here. (We don%26#39;t even have an outdoor one.) I%26#39;ve racked my brain to think of something indoors and the only thing I can come up with is the butterfly house at Reiman Gardens. Check out Iowa State University on the web to make sure whether they%26#39;re open and what the hours are. If you come before Christmas, they%26#39;ll have decorations around the Gardens. There are $1 movies at the mall (5 choices). If I come up with anything else, I%26#39;ll let you know.



Family Fun - Iowa HELP


there is an indoor water park on Interstate 80 between Des Moines and Iowa City. Here is the website. http://www.wasserbahn.com/seedo/index.htm




there is an indoor water park near the Amana%26#39;s on Interstate 80 between Des Moines and Iowa City. Here is the website:



http://www.wasserbahn.com/seedo/index.htm




There is a new hotel and water park in Storm Lake. The website is http://www.kingspointeresort.com/. They opened in August. I have not been there but it sounds like a fun time especially for kids.




The one at the Amanas is right-on I-80 and there is a Tanger Outlet Center nearby. If you go east from the Amanas you will see Coralville. The CoralRidge Mall( also right on I-80) has an indoor ice rink that my kids loved! The Grand Harbour in Dubuque,IA has an indoor water park too, but it may be out of your way depending on where you are headed to in Chicago land area. If you coose to go up Highway 61 there is also a water park in Burlington, IA.



Have fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment