Thursday, April 8, 2010

bad experience w/ hotel manager at Motel 6 in West Des...

I had a really bad experience w/ the hotel manager of Motel 6 in West Des Moines today. I have never met such a cocky, dismissive hotel manager before. I had made a telephone reservation for two nights at the same rate, and when I tried to check in, he told me a higher price for the second night. I told him that that wasn%26#39;t what I had reserved at, and that I had reserved for the same price for both nights.





Then, instead of honoring the reservation, he got cocky, and said that I could just cancel the second night. He even told me that since I had a telephone reservation, there was nothing on the computer verifying the original rate, and then he went in and typed up his own invoice on the spot, with the increased rate and tried to claim that was what I reserved at. What a fraud! This was very bad customer service, but he seemed to think that he could get away with it because it was the Iowa State Fair. He kept telling me that if I didn%26#39;t take the higher rate, I could just cancel the reservation, even as he knew full well that rooms were scarce due to the Fair and that it would be difficult for me to make a reservation at a different hotel.





Then, when I asked to speak to a superior when he wouldn%26#39;t honor the rate of my reservation, he gave me the telephone number of the national office for Motel 6. I called and spoke with their guest services, who was very helpful and wrote down my complaint. The guest service rep said that they would refund the difference of what their rogue manager was trying to overcharge me after the stay was complete. So, I thought that everything was going to be taken care of by the national guest service rep for Motel 6.





However, when I got off the cellphone and walked back into the lobby to complete the check-in, the manager suddenly %26amp; rudely told me that he had given away my non-smoking room to someone else and that there were no non-smoking rooms left. This was obviously a lie and appeared to be retaliation for me calling the national office. He was very smug about it. He knew that I had specifically requested a non-smoking room, and there was no way that they had sold out in those fifteen minutes that I was on the phone. This was pure retaliation for my complaint.





Then, he said that if I didn%26#39;t take the smoking room, he would just cancel my reservation -- this despite the fact that I had specifically reserved a non-smoking room. I protested, and he told me that he had the power to cancel my reservation and he abruptly and rudely did. I have NEVER been treated so rudely by a hotel manager before.





I felt like his behavior towards me was sexist and that he wouldn%26#39;t have treated me so rudely if it were not for the fact that I was a woman. He was very arrogant and dismissive.





All he seemed to care about was getting a higher price for the room because it was the State Fair and lodging was scarce. So, be warned, this Motel 6 manager will hike up the prices on reservations and will outright cancel reservations on you if you protest this hike. It was utterly unprofessional and rude. This is NOT how a hotel should treat its customers.





My family is from western Iowa, and our family will NEVER do business with the Motel 6 in West Des Moines again.



bad experience w/ hotel manager at Motel 6 in West Des...


As an employee of one of the hotels, I would like to tell you that I am sorry for the rudeness you felt in one of our hotels. Please dont think that all of our hotels are bad.... because ours isnt :)



bad experience w/ hotel manager at Motel 6 in West Des...


Please consider sharing your experience with the BBB. There is no reason why you should have been treated that way and future guests should be warned of this arrogant manager who doesn%26#39;t know how to deal with his customers in a professional and respectful way. I would file a complaint with the BBB regarding this hotel/motel if I were you.




wow I%26#39;m sorry you had to go through that!You should look into staying at the hilton garden inn in west des moines. it%26#39;s right across the street from the new jordan creek mall and all of the great restaraunts. their pool area is amazing! they have a large adult pool, a separate kiddy pool, and also a hot tub all in the same large area! my family and I loved the whole stay and already booked another reservation to go back!




I know my family and friends have had great things to say about the nice and friendly staff at the Country Inn %26amp; Suites in Clive/West Des Moines. It is shocking to hear that someone in the hospitality business would treat you so badly.




I%26#39;m sorry that you had a bad stay at the Motel 6. Have you checked out the new Hilton Garden Inn in West Des Moines. It%26#39;s right across from the New Jordan Creek Mall, Super Target and the New Wal-mart.





It has two pools one designed for the little kids and hot tub and great work out facility.





Plus, kids under 12 eat free. They have made to order Micky mouse pancakes as well as other great items.





You should check it out, we loved it.




I too work for a motel 6. I%26#39;m sorry that you had to deal with the attitude of a cocky manager. I have seen first hand on how managers will treat their customers. It can be pretty disgusting. I stayed at a motel 6 and the manager there treated me really bad. Her attitude was even worse when she found out I worked for a m6.




As someone who lives in Iowa and also has had problems with



motel 6, let me tell you what you need to do.





First, always book reservations on-line with motel 6, so you



have something in writing proving the rate. Then, the manager



would have to honor the rate.





Second, motel 6 normally does change your rates. For example,



you may have a Saturday weekend rate and then a Sunday



weekday rate. This is standard for motel 6.





Third, make you post a review of this web site to make sure



others avoid this manager and hotel.





Fourth, make sure you complaint to motel 6 corporate in writing.





Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment