Thursday, April 8, 2010

where to stay?

Hi there!





I%26#39;m going to Des Moines for a couple of days, and have a reservation at the Quality Inn downtown - however - is there somewhere better (not necessarily more expensive!) that I can stay that will allow me to leave the car parked and walk around to shops, restaurants, bars, etc?





Thanks for any help and info!



where to stay?


Do you need to stay near downtown? The Embassy Suites is right on the edge of the East Village, which has lots of restaurants and bars. If you can go elsewhere, the Jordan Creek Towncenter in West Des Moines has lots of places to eat (all chains tho), and is near a huge mall with more restaurants and bars.



where to stay?


Thanks for the info! I%26#39;m really not a mall person so West Des Moines doesn%26#39;t interest me that much. I noticed that the Embassy is on the other side of the river - is that where the East Village is? I%26#39;m really looking for small local places to shop and fun relaxing places to hang out for a couple of hours while reading a book. Thanks for the help!




From the sound of things, I would guess that you would enjoy the East Village. It is a good spot for the smaller/local type shops you mentioned in your post. Both it and the Embassy Suites are on the East side of the river, whereas the Quality Inn and most of downtown are on the West.





I would definitely put the East Village within walking distance of the Embassy Suites. Also, right next to the Embassy is Des Moines%26#39; outdoor ice arena (if it%26#39;s a winter trip), and the Court Avenue district (restaurants and bars) is a short walk to the other side of the river. The Quality Inn is closer to the Iowa Events Center, but for shopping/restaurants, the Embassy Suites is a more centrally located choice.




Hi Travel Girl,



I wish you a good journey. I am an Indian who has a friend in Des Moines.He is a Doctor (general Surgeon and I have been trying to contact him for days.Since you would be there could you look him up and get his e-mail ID and send it.Ill be happy. His details are



Dr.Praveen C Prasad



974-73 Street South



Des Moines, Iowa (IA)



Even if you can e mail his phone numbers Ill be able to contact Him.He is of my age thats about 52. my e-mail ID is



shashidwivedi@yahoo.com



You can also tell him Im the guy he met an accident with.



Thanks



Shashi kant Dwivedi

No comments:

Post a Comment