Saturday, April 3, 2010

Issues with Butler on Grand...any other recs?

I read how wonderful this place is and love the website. We are trying to plan a vacation with friends and thought this would work. But trying to communicate with this place is hell. An email our friends sent has gone unanswered and the woman I spoke with a couple of days ago was extremely short and unpleasant. I don%26#39;t know...maybe they are so busy, she%26#39;s just stressed out.





We are looking for a b%26amp;b that is not overly b%26amp;b-ish---not too victorian or country. Any other recs?



Issues with Butler on Grand...any other recs?


I don%26#39;t have any first hand experience with B%26amp;Bs in the Des Moines area, but if you%26#39;re willing to settle for a non-chain hotel with some character there is the the Hotel Ft. Des Moines downtown. The Savery Hotel is now affiliated with Marriott%26#39;s Renessiance chain, but it was formerly a well regareded independent hotel that may be worth a look.





Otherwise, I see that there are other B%26amp;Bs listed in DSM, but I have heard nothing one way or another about any of them.





Good luck!


  • facbook
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment