Saturday, April 3, 2010

In area for the week... need info

I will be arriving (for business) in Clinton on March 31 and will be staying until April 4. Need recommendations (with locations) for dinner as well as any interesting things to do in the area (movies, museums, outdoor recreation, anything)? I have not been able to find a whole lot of information.





Thanks-



In area for the week... need info


Call the Best Western Frontier (563) 242-7112. They have great rates and very clean rooms. Their breakfast is outstanding and included in the price of the room. They have a great restaurant on property and a new fitness room. They are right by shopping and a new movie theater.



In area for the week... need info


THATS GREAT! because that is where I am staying... I will also be reviewing the hotel on TA.





There may be more possible forum posts throughout the week!





-thanks




still waiting for your review. I found the Best Western in Clinton to grossly overcharge for what you get. Let`s face it. It`s a roadside hotel located near a bunch of smelly factories. With taxes your going to drop at least a C-note to stay here. I`ve stayed on Michigan Ave. in Chicago for less than that! My group once rented 20 rooms at Clinton Best Western and they are so tight they wouldn`t give us a discount. Therefore, we book in the Quad Cities for our events. I do not recommend staying at Best Western though. $$$$$$$$$. Save your money and go elsewhere!!!




You know I did write a review while I was staying there and it never posted for some reason... I am not for sure why. I got the room at our corporate rate so I think it was under $70 dollars. It wasnt bad. Our VP doesnt want us to stay at the place down the street (I think H.I. Exp)because they accused him of stealing a shower head !!!! Anyway it was exactly how I expected it... old. However, I do have to say that the ladies up front provided great service and the breakfast wasnt bad (I have had a lot worse). One night we did experience the town smelling terrible so we drove down to John Deer Commons area for dinner... that was nice and I should write a review for the Water Town B%26amp;G (I think?). I will try to update the review soon.





Thanks for watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment