Thursday, April 8, 2010

West Oaks Resort

HELP !


I am coming to Arnolds Park, West Oaks Resort, around the middle of May. Can anyone tell me what its like out there. My wife and I are wondering what there is to do around there. (100 miles or so ) Or at the resort itself.


Thanks,


Dave



West Oaks Resort


I actually grew up just 20 miles from there! I have stayed at the West Oaks before and it is so much fun. They have an indoor and outdoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna and an arcade. The outdoor pool may not be open yet because it is still petty cold in May. In May there is not nearly as much to do in the area as during to summer months. There is a small amusement park called Arnolds Park but I believe they don%26#39;t open until Memorial Day. However there are many places to eat and many places for nightlife. Mrs. Lady%26#39;s is my favorite Mexican restaurant and The Dry Dock is a great steak place (my steak was so tender I could cut it with a plastic knife) if you are looking for fine dining Geppetto%26#39;s is fantastic. They have a wide selection of wine and fancy entrees, but be sure to make reservations dress up and bring a large pocket book as they are spendy, but worth it! For desert there is a great chocolate shop but I cannot remember the name of it to save my life! There is also a tiny little hut that serves the BEST snow cones ever! It is called Tropical Snow it is right by the Arnolds Park strip. The “strip” is easy to find as it is where all the teenagers like to “cruise the loop” and is within walking distance from the resort. There are many bars and dance clubs that frequently have live bands. My two favorites are Whiskey Dicks and Caption%26#39;s Getaway. Some of the more popular for the younger generation are The Regal Beagle and The Ritz. There is the beautiful West Lake Okoboji for any water sports you enjoy. Great for fishing, boating, canoeing along with many swimming beaches (but it may be pretty cold for that!) There are several golf courses in the area. My father loves the Brooks Golf Course. There is also a very fun place The Kart Ranch that has go carts, mini golf, bumper boats and an arcade, but again not sure if they open before Memorial Day. If you are looking for another information just search the Internet there are many pages on the area that can help! Search for Arnolds Park, Okoboji, and Spirit Lake. Those towns are all within about 10 miles of each other. It’s hard to tell where one ends and the other begins. A bigger city within about 30 miles from that area is Spencer. There is plenty of shopping there. Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment